Hydrogren Fuel Cell Blog
h2 FUEL CELL NEWS tHat MAKES YOU SMARTER
Chalmers University of Technology teamed up with research partners to develop an optical sensor that can detect record low levels of hydrogen.
Rolls-Royce and easyJet conduct ground test of a jet engine that uses hydrogen from tidal and wind power at testing facility in England.
Airbus has committed to having hydrogen commercial aircraft ready by 2035, but the supply of clean hydrogen to power mass-produced planes is not secured.
More Hydrogren News and Information
- 47 percent of natural gas and 99 percent of coal are priced at less than half their true costAn analysis report from the International Monetary Fund found that 47 percent of natural gas and 99 percent of coal are priced at less than half their true cost and that just five countries — China, the United States, Russia, India, and Japan — account for two-thirds of subsidies globally. All five countries belong to …
- Asia Times: Japanese Engineering Company Going “Turquoise”Ebara, JGC, and other Japanese corporates working to produce environmentally friendly turquoise hydrogen with methane pyrolysis.
- BMW begins production of fuel cells for hydrogen electric car seriesBMW recently began production of fuel cell systems for use in the new iX5 sport utility vehicles (SUVs). This supports a push toward greener fueling systems, with hopes of mass production as early as 2025.
- BNN Bloomberg: ReNew Power to Set up Green Hydrogen Hubs in IndiaOrlen building three new hydrogen stations Wałbrzych, Poznań and Katowice, as part of its ‘Hydrogen Eagle’ project.
- Canada and Germany kickstart the hydrogen economyCanadian and German government officials have signed a pact to initiate efforts toward exporting clean hydrogen across the Atlantic.
- Canadian Energy Company Irving Oil to Buy 5MW Electrolyzer from Plug PowerLATHAM, N.Y., July 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Plug Power Inc. (NASDAQ: PLUG), a leading provider of turnkey hydrogen solutions for the global green hydrogen economy, has been awarded a contract to deliver a 5 megawatt (MW) containerized proton exchange membrane (PEM) electrolyzer system to international energy company Irving Oil for the production and distribution of hydrogen at its …
- Carbon Herald: New Hydrogen House Built in ItalyScientists from the University of Sannio build Europe’s first house powered almost entirely by hydrogen fuel cells.
- CBC: Alberta Hopes to Have Hydrogen in its Domestic system by 2030The province wants to produce around 2.4 million tonnes of hydrogen per year and aims to export three million tonnes by the end of the decade.
- CISION: First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Coach Launched in EuropeSinosynergy launched the first hydrogen fuel cell journey coach in Europe at transportation exhibition in Germany.
- Clean Energy Wire: Germany Planning to Invest Another €550M in Green HydrogenGerman government is setting up two new funds with a total of 550 million euros to support the development of the global hydrogen economy.
- CNBC: Hydrogen to be Injected in UK TrialHydrogen will be injected by Centrica into a gas-fired power station in Lincolnshire, during a trial project set to last 12 months.
- CNBC: Industrial Giant Commissions New Hydrogen Plant in GermanySiemens commissions a solar-powered hydrogen production plant in Germany; expected to produce 1,350 tons of hydrogen every year.
- CNN: 500 Ton Haul Truck to Clean up Mining IndustryWorld’s first hydrogen-powered haul truck could help clean up the mining industry by replacing the truck’s diesel engine with hydrogen fuel.
- Daily Coffee News: Probat Introduces Hydrogen Coffee Roasting MachinesGerman company, Probat has developed new burner technology for heating coffee roasters using hydrogen and expands production.
- Daily Sabah: French Power Producer to Develop Uganda’s First Hydrogen PlantUganda signs a memorandum of understanding with HDF Energy to develop a green hydrogen power plant in Uganda.